The Bright Beginnings Preschools strive to:
1. Help each child recognize that he/she is a unique individual.
2. Provide opportunities for interaction with peers to develop social relationships.
3. Provide developmentally appropriate activities based on special interests of the child.
4. Provide a variety of materials and activities with time to explore inviting play.
5. Enhance and facilitate development in all learning domains: cognitive, language, adaptive or self-help, social/emotional, and gross and fine motor.
6. Assist children in learning to share, to cooperate and to socialize.
Play is the work of children. They develop physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually through the natural exploration of their world during play. Self-directed play encourages a child’s choice-making, exploration, social development, language development and cognitive skills as well as gross and fine motor skills in both quiet and active centers. These self-selected activities may include a housekeeping area, block area, sand or water table, puzzles, books, computer area, music and art projects.
Noble Local has preschool classes for 3 and 4-year-old children. It also has Preschool Kindergarten Readiness classes for children that will be going to Kindergarten during the following school year. These classes focus on preparing children for Kindergarten. Identifying letters and sounds, identifying numbers and counting, listening, sharing, following class rules are some of the skills worked on each day. Two and three day classes are offered and four day classes are being considered.
Bright Beginnings Preschools are now taking applications (first come first serve) for 2018-19 school year. If you are interested in sending your child to preschool at Noble Local School District, download the application packet (PDF) or you can also call Cathy Williams, Preschool Supervisor at 740-732-5661 ext. 5022 and ask for a packet to be mailed to you. Noble Local preschool application packets should be returned to Cathy Williams, 20977 Zep Road E, Sarahsville, OH 43779 or dropped off at the Shenandoah Elementary School Office by May 15, 2018.
If you are interested in sending your child to another Bright Beginnings preschool, please call Lisa Minosky at 740-435-0320. Bright Beginnings has preschools in Guernsey, Noble, Washington and Monroe Counties.